Sian is a trained baby massage specialist, prenatal yoga teacher and doula. A regular baby massage routine can enhance your baby’s physiological and psychological development and well being, and deepen the parent-infant bond. Nurturing and affectionate touch promotes sensitive attuned parenting. The skin is our largest sensory organ. Through conscious, loving touch the central nervous system is calmed down – our parasympathetic NS (rest and digest) is activated. Through baby massage both mom and baby’s brain produces more serotonin, a feel-good chemical, and less cortisol, a hormone that’s secreted in response to stress. As a result, baby’s heart rate and breathing slow down, leaving both mom and baby feeling more relaxed and at ease. It helps mom learn how to read baby’s signals and respond better to her unique needs.
The powerful benefits of baby massage with Sian Williams / 26 Oct
Sian is a trained baby massage specialist, prenatal yoga teacher and doula. She will be sharing the incredible benefits of conscious baby massage and will teach useful techniques to help alleviate common discomforts and help soothe baby.
- Baby massage routine card (via email) to take home and practice
- Baby massage demo. Moms practice on their baby when in a quiet-alert state.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Massage oil, natural, non-essential oil
- Face cloth
- A little bowl to decant the oil
- Blanket or sheep skin for baby to lie on
WHEN & WHERE:
- 9.30 for 10am, Friday 26 October
- Ubuntu Baba Boutique Shop
- Cost includes tea / coffee, homemade muffin plus a shoulder massage 🤗
- Babies in tums and under 1’s welcome.